Department of Facility Maintenance

Report a Pothole

To report a pothole on a City street anywhere on Oahu, please go to the Honolulu 311 website by clicking on the following link:

While reporting a pothole through Honolulu 311 is the most effective and fastest method, for those who prefer or need to report a pothole over the phone, call (808) 768-7777. Please note that this number is only for potholes on City streets and not for any other issues.

For those who reported potholes previously through the online POTHOLE REQUEST FORM, this page will be inactive as of February 1, 2022.

If the pothole you want to report is on a State road, please call the State Pothole Report Phone Line at (808) 536-7852. For potholes on roads maintained by the Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART), please call (808) 566-2299.

State Maintained Roads

  • Kalanianaole Hwy
  • H1 Fwy, H2 Fwy and H3 Fwy (including on and off ramps)
  • Likelike Hwy
  • Fort Weaver Rd
  • Most of Kamehameha Hwy
  • Vineyard Blvd
  • Kahekili Hwy
  • Pali Hwy (from Vineyard Blvd to Kailua Rd)
  • Nimitz Hwy
  • Most of Farrington Hwy
  • Ala Moana Blvd
  • Liliha St (between H1 Fwy and N King St)

HART Maintained Roads


  • Kamehameha Hwy (from Arizona Memorial Place/Kalaloa Street to the H1 Freeway ramps)
  • Nimitz Hwy (from Iwilei Road to Halekauwila Street)
Along with pot holes, other issues on City property such as sidewalk hazards, damaged street signs and graffiti, can all be reported on the Honolulu 311 website. Or, you can file reports on the fly from your smart phone through a free downloadable app; just search for Honolulu 311 in your app store.

Directions on How to Submit a Report on the Honolulu 311 Website

Scroll to Top
Skip to content