U.S. Passport Service
Please refer to the U.S. Department of State’s travel.state.gov website for all information on applying for a new U.S. passport, renewing a passport by mail only, getting a replacement for a lost, stolen or mutilated passport, downloadable application forms and more.
- Link to travel.state.gov: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html
- Link to travel.state.gov phone/email: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/contact-us/passports.html
Passport services are only offered at Ala Moana, Kapolei and Wahiawa Satellite City Halls. These locations accept only applications for NEW U.S. passports (form DS-11).
Passport service is offered by appointment during regular business hours, and each appointment is limited to ONE new passport application.
Passport photo service is NOT offered at these locations.
- Make your AlohaQ appointment for passport service at the Ala Moana, Kapolei, or Wahiawa Satellite City Hall
- Please note, each appointment is limited to one passport application
- Go online to the U.S. Department of State website for passport information and forms
- Carefully read and follow all of the form DS-11 instructions
- Complete and print the application but do not sign the application
- Gather all of the required documents, including the original and a photocopy of the front and back of your “Proof of Identity,” and your passport photo
- Be sure you have all of your required documents (including photocopies) and two checks or money orders to pay the fees (two separate payments are required):
- One check or money order made payable to “U.S. Department of State” for the passport fees, which vary depending on the type and passport and optional service fees you select
- One check or money order made payable to “City and County of Honolulu” to pay the $35 Acceptance Fee
- Please arrive at the approriate satellite city hall office at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time
- Ala Moana Satellite City Hall is in the Ala Moana Center, Street Level 1, Diamond Head Wing, (ocean side), PH: (808) 768-4300
- Kapolei Satellite City Hall is in Kapolei Hale, 1000 Uluohia St., #103 (ground floor), Kapolei, PH: (808) 768-3400
- Wahiawa Satellite City Hall, 330 N. Cane St., Wahiawa, PH: (808) 768-4700
- Your application and passport fee payment are securely forwarded to the State Department for processing
- Seven to 10 business days after you submit your application, you can track the status of your application through the U.S. Department of State’s Online Passport Status System