Department of Customer Services

Duplicate Vehicle Registration

There is no cost to replace a lost, stolen or mutilated certification of motor vehicle registration.

The registered owner of record can apply in person with valid ID at any satellite city hall (this is an express window transaction). CS-L(MVR) 5 form is NOT required if applying in person.


Complete an Application for Duplicate Motor Vehicle Certificate of Registration form
CS-L(MVR) 5 and mail to:

Department of Customer Services
Motor Vehicle, Licensing and Permits Division
P.O. Box 30330
Honolulu, HI 96820

Skip to content