Job Type: Full-Time Temporary
Location: 1060 Richards Street, Honolulu, HI 96813
Department: Prosecuting Attorney
Apply Before: Continuous
*This is a Full-Time Temporary Contract Position (Extension of Contract Term Subject to Funding Availability)
DUTIES SUMMARY: This position performs as a trainee in performing professional, administrative, fiscal, and analytical work in the application, monitoring, evaluating, and administering of government grants for the Department of the Prosecuting Attorney Community Outreach Court Program. This position also assists with related government grant funded procurement.
The position applies knowledge of government grant application processes for State of Hawaii Community Outreach Court grants and related Community Outreach Court programs; ability to interpret grant requirements, monitor for performance and compliance, conduct research in the area of criminal justice grants and programs, organize the work of multiple assignments to comply with strict deadlines, work effectively with others, identify problems or potential problems; and skills in the competent use of personal computers, related software applications and systems, coordination of assignments, effective communication, and time management.
Training and Experience: A combination of education and experience substantially equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major work in city planning, sociology, business or public administration or a related field.
LICENSE REQUIREMENT: None
In addition to providing important services to the public, employment with the City & County of Honolulu has many excellent benefits including:
- Vacation: Employees may earn up to 21 days per year.
- Sick Leave: Employees may earn up to 21 days per year.
- Holidays: 13 days a year; 14 days during election years.
- Training and Development: Computer, career, and personal enhancement courses are offered; curriculum designed for employee, supervisory, and management development.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and Vision Care: Various health insurance plans are available. Premiums are subsidized by the City and deductible from pre-tax income for participants of the Premium Conversion Plan (PCP).
- Group Life Insurance: No cost for eligible employees.
- Deferred Compensation Plan: Invest in your future…choose to defer part of your pre-tax income for retirement.
- Retirement Plan: The Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) of the State of Hawaii administers retirement benefits for State and County employees. Employee contribution required.
- Commuter Choice Pre-Tax Benefits: Employees may designate certain transportation expenses (TheBus, LOTMA, Vanpool Hawaii, etc.) as a pre-tax item
- Parking: Some job locations offer parking on-site; others may have access to parking at low monthly rates.
- Direct Deposit: Direct deposit of paychecks to a designated financial institution is available.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Confidential, professional counseling and resource referral.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program: A federal program forgiving the balance of federal student loans for individuals working in public service. For program requirements and additional information, please visit: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
To view additional information, please visit our Benefits of City Employment page: https://www.honolulu.gov/hr/benefits.html
* All benefits as stated above, are subject to eligibility requirements and to legislative and/or negotiated changes. Individuals are responsible for any related fees or charges that may apply.
At time of application, you must be a citizen, national or permanent resident alien of the United States or a non-citizen eligible under Federal law for unrestricted employment.
The City and County of Honolulu is an Equal Opportunity Employer